Rachel Maddow on Rick Santorum’s Latest Lie

Last night Rachel Maddow highlighted Rick Santorum’s latest lie. In this edition, Little Ricky claims that he read on the internets how:

I think it’s seven or eight of the California system of universities don’t even teach an American history course. It’s not even available to be taught.

The University of California quickly clarified that:

All undergraduate degree programs at UC require study in American history and institutions.

Okay, so Santorum doesn’t know about American history and how it is taught. As when he lied about euthanasia in the Netherlands, it’s unclear whether Santorum even cares about the lies he tells.

So, does the Christian God care about lying? Do the people voting for candidates based on their adherence to Christianity care about their candidates lying?

It makes me wonder even more about conservatives and the anti-abortion movement. This is the guy out there claiming to represent you. If you don’t think he does that properly, perhaps you should speak up?

SEE ALSO
Polentical: Rachel Maddow Visits Howard Stern
BerkshireBrigades: Limerick Wins Maddow Book on Military
Wandering Writes: Thoughts in my Head: Constitutional Liberty & Seeing Rachel Maddow

About these ads

About Matthew
I care about politics, but also enjoy tabloid talk. So what’s a boy to do?

12 Responses to Rachel Maddow on Rick Santorum’s Latest Lie

1. thebplot says:

The video from RM is scary. Bold lies and zero corrections or apologies. When Santorum’s spokesperson talks like a robot instead of taking ownership of a clear mistake, its seriously terrifying to me that people like Santorum are out there. I would LOVE to know Fox News’ take on the same exact statements / lies. Ug. Thanks for this!

2. trosen76 says:

The entire conservative power structure is built upon absurdities and urban legends.

3. Thanks for the shout-out! Us Maddow-lites ought to stick together :)

4. As George Costanza said, it’s not a lie if you believe it! That’s been quoted already during this primary season, but it bears repeating because those lies just keep on comin’ and in Santorum’s case, I really do think he believes what he says. It’s not that he doesn’t care about being dishonest, it’s more that he doesn’t care about getting his facts straight before he speaks in public. Someone who is incapable of being at least a bit more discriminating and skeptical when it comes to the information he takes in really isn’t qualified for public office in general, or the presidency in particular.

• Matthew says:

Yes, he doesn’t care about his facts before…or after! If his views didn’t have actual consequences, I’d feel freer to admire his ability to live in a dreamworld.

5. robinhood63 says:

The whole GOP/Tea party seem to be getting further and further out of touch with reality. But, what is even scarier is how, when shown their lies with the facts to show what the lies are…THEY DOUBLE DOWN ON THE SAME LIE!!! And act like they didn’t even hear the rebuttal of the lie.
    Did you see the reply that Santorums campaign gave to a Dutch reporter?

I thought that was chilling. And telling as well.

• Matthew says:

I actually had seen the reply, which I totally agree is both chilling and telling. In fact, it feels so chilling and telling that I feel like it was constructed by a fiction writer. I guess George Orwell was a journalist as well as novelist, and knew whereof he spoke.

• robinhood63 says:

Great comparison about Orwell. My hope is that the GOP?Tea Party continues on path it is on. It seems that more and more people are realizing what they stand for and the people aren’t liking it. Short of the Supreme Court helping to pick the president again or the money and corruption of the Koch brothers paying to hack voting machines, I don’t think that the GOP/Tea Party has much of a chance this year. I don’t want to sound like a conspiracy nut but with the way some of the elections across the country have gone in the past 12-13yrs. I wouldn’t be surprised at anything that happens this year.